The Research Help Desk is located on the 2nd Floor of the Library & Academic Resource Center (LARC). There are over 100 PC computers, 12 Mac computers, and 16 laptop computers (available for building checkout) on the 1st and 2nd Floors. Specialized print dictionaries, indexes, encyclopedias and atlases are also located on the 2nd Floor; these are generally for building use, but may be checked out for short periods. The research desk is staffed with librarians ready to assist you with your research questions, during all Library open hours.
Give our users the best possible individual reference assistance, by:
- greeting users within 2 minutes of their arrival at the reference or information desks
- listening carefully to their requests
- responding in a friendly, courteous, and non-judgmental manner
- being accessible for questions
- unobstrusively volunteering assistance in the reference service area
- providing accurate and complete information from identifiable sources within the limits of available resources
- following through when necessary by arranging referrals and further assistance.
- maintaining a no-risk, confidential, and non-embarrassing climate of assistance in the reference area
- maintaining equipment and supplies at the highest operational level possible
- selecting materials and databases representing diverse points of view for the reference area and make them as universally available as possible
- responding to electronic reference requests within 48 hours
- providing competent library instruction to groups on demand
Head of Public Services, Sandy Hudock, (719) 549-2527