Articles, Journals, & More | Library Databases
Library Databases - O P
- Searches a wide variety of digital collections and repositories from research institutions. Includes preprint articles, papers, theses, and much more; covers a wide range of years.
- OmniFile Full Text Select (H.W. Wilson) via EBSCOhost
- Full text of articles from nearly 3,000 publications, many of them peer-reviewed; Graphical content; Topical coverage on ethnic studies, women's studies, history and more.
- Ovid Full-Text Nursing Plus
- OvidSP is a suite of health-related databases that include journals for nursing research.
- Oxford English Dictionary (OED)
- The OED is widely regarded as the accepted authority on the English language. It is an unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of 600,000 words - past and present - from across the English-speaking world.
- Oxford Islamic Studies Online
- Available until Feb. 28, 2014. Encompassing over 5,000 A–Z reference entries, chapters from scholarly and introductory works,
Qur'anic materials, primary sources, images, maps, and timelines, Oxford Islamic Studies Online offers a multi-layered reference experience designed to provide
a first stop for anyone needing information and context on Islam. Access for one year provided as part of the NEH and
ALA Muslim Journeys Grant won by CSU-Pueblo University Library.
- PAIS International and Archive via ProQuest
- Covers issues in the public debate through selective coverage of a wide variety of international sources including journal articles, books, government documents, statistical directories, grey literature, research reports, conference papers, web content, and more. PAIS International is the current file covering 1972 to present, and PAIS Archive includes the content from printed volumes published 1915-1976.
- Philosopher's Index by EBSCOHost
- The Philosopher's Index, produced by the Philosopher's Information Center, is a current and comprehensive bibliographic database covering scholarly research in all major fields of philosophy. The Philosopher's Index, considered the most thorough index of journal literature on the subject, features author-written abstracts covering scholarly research published in journals and books, including contributions to anthologies and book reviews.
The Philosopher's Index covers the fifteen fields of philosophy and contains research published since 1940, with additional records dating back to 1902. This database contains more than 495,000 records from more than 80 countries with content representing a variety of languages.
Published International Literature on Traumatic Stress via ProQuest
- This bibliographic database, covering the Published International Literature On Traumatic Stress, is sponsored by the U.S.
Department of Veterans Affairs. Its provides citations and abstracts to the international literature on post-traumatic
stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental-health sequelae of traumatic events.
- Points of View Reference Center via EBSCOhost
- A full text database designed to provide students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue. The database provides more than 290 topics, each with an overview (objective background/description), point (argument), counterpoint (opposing argument), and Critical Thinking Guide. The database also offers guides to debate, developing arguments and writing position papers.
- Primary Search via EBSCOhost
- Full text and indexing of children's magazines, as well as World Almanac for Kids and the Encyclopedia of Animals. Provides Lexile rankings.
ProQuest Sociology via ProQuest
- This database covers the international literature of sociology and social work, including culture and social
structure, history and theory of sociology, social psychology, substance abuse and addiction and more. This
collection provides full-text coverage of many core titles included in Sociological Abstracts and Social Services
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection via EBSCOhost
- A comprehensive database covering information concerning topics in emotional and behavioral characteristics, psychiatry & psychology, mental processes, anthropology, and observational & experimental methods. Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection can be searched independently, but also allows users from subscribing institutions to conveniently link to full text from citations within PsycINFO.
- PsycINFO via EBSCOhost
- Provides indexing and abstracts for over one million articles in 1,700 journals from over 50 countries. Also includes abstracts for dissertations, books and book chapters ranging in date from 1887 to the present.
- NLM's search service to access the 9 million citations in MEDLINE and Pre-MEDLINE.