Articles, Journals, & More | Library Databases
Library Databases - S
- 17th and18th Century Burney Collection
- The newspapers and news pamphlets gathered by the Reverend Charles Burney (1757-1817) represent the largest single collection of 17th and 18th century English news media. The 700 or so bound volumes of newspapers and news pamphlets were published mostly in London, however there are also some English provincial, Irish and Scottish papers, and a few examples from the American colonies, Europe and India.
- Salem Health via EBSCO
- An online reference set intended for those searching for informational and educational purposes in the health disciplines.
- Salem History via EBSCO
- Provides detailed historical reference information including a primary source series.
- Salem Literature via EBSCO
- Provides access to a growing number of reference works with its renowned literary content.
- ScienceDirect Journals via Elsevier
- Our most popular database, ScienceDirect is a leading full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from nearly 2,500 journals and 26,000 books. As of 11/5/2014, it contained 12,609,638 articles.
- SciFinder is a research discovery tool that searches the CAS databases, which contain literature from many scientific disciplines, including biomedical sciences, chemistry, engineering, materials science, agricultural science, and more. Click here for New User Registration. For registration problems, please contact a librarian at (719) 549-2333.
- Scottish Women Poets of the Romantic Period via Alexander Street Press
- Contains 60 volumes of Romantic Poetry, extensive contemporary critical reviews, as well as material...by leading scholars.
- Searchasaurus - Elementary School via EBSCOhost
- Contains images, the American Heritage Children’s Dictionary, Funk & Wagnall's New World Encyclopedia, and a visual search interface for elementary school-aged children.
- Seventeenth and Eighteenth Century Burney Collection via Gale
- See 17th and 18th Century Burney Collection
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center via EBSCOhost
- Through a collection of comprehensive full text content, Small Engine Repair Reference Center provides users with detailed, yet user-friendly repair guides for all manner of small engines. There are over 440 full text reference books with original photos and illustrations that guide the user through every job.
Social Services Abstracts via ProQuest
- This database provides bibliographic coverage of current research focused on social work, human services and related
areas, including social welfare, social policy and community development. The database abstracts and indexes thousands of
serials publications and includes abstracts of journal articles and dissertations and citations to book reviews.
Social Theory via Alexander Street Press
- Social Theory offers an extensive selection of documents that explore the complexities and interpret
the nature of social behavior and organization. Particular care has been taken to index this material
so that it can be searched more thoroughly than ever before. This final release features more than 150,000
pages of content by such major theorists as Theodor Adorno, Jean Baudrillard, Simone de Beauvoir, Charlotte
Perkins Gilman, Émile Durkheim, Michel Foucault, Jürgen Habermas, Robert Merton, Dorothy E. Smith , and
- SocINDEX w/ Full Text via EBSCOhost
- Contains full text for 235 'core' coverage journals dating back to 1895, and 72 'priority' coverage journals. This database also includes full text for 545 books and monographs, and full text for 6,601 conference papers.
Sociological Abstracts via ProQuest
- This database abstracts and indexes the international literature of sociology and related disciplines in the social
and behavioral sciences. The database provides abstracts of journal articles and citations to book reviews drawn from
thousands of serials publications and also provides abstracts of books, book chapters, dissertations, conference papers
and working papers. Cited references are included for many journal articles.
- Springer eBooks & Online Journal Archives
- Springer offers thousands of current eBooks and hundreds of online archival journal titles specializing in the fields of science, technology, and medicine.
- Student Research Center - High School & Middle School via EBSCOhost
- Includes a variety of resources: magazines, reference books, photos, and flags, as well as searching tutorials.